Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Solar

After reading several of the resources that Dr. Furman provided us via INIST library, I was able gain more knowledge about solar and as well as other energy sources.  From Solar Skyways by Ron Swenson, I learned that about 87% of fuel energy is wasted mostly due to engine loss.  This fact shocked me because I never imagined that almost 90% of the fuel I put in my car is lossed.  The fact alone shows that we must convert to a renewable energy source because our current way is clearly not cutting it.  From reading, I felt that our design could be upgraded.  Currently the solar panels are to side of the track and need separate supports, however I was thinking of attaching a curved solar panels to the top tracks.  With this idea the panels mostly be supported by the tracks which would cost less and mean that we could implement this idea on our current scaled down model.  I currently can't recall whether or not this idea was proposed in former designs but I personally thought this was a great idea and would like to apply it if possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment